Friday, January 30, 2009

Charli Baltimore Interview (Tell EM Why You Mad)


AHH gave a pretty good interview on Charli B. so big shout out to them. Matter of fact big up to the VP of digital over there at AllHipHop.com Steve Raze. It's interesting to see her take on this Netorious movie. Check it out...

AllHipHop.com: They show in Notorious Biggie building the character of Lil’ Kim. How instrumental was Biggie in the building of Charli Baltimore?



Charli Baltimore: I’ve always been me. My style is my style. I guess that’s why Big liked me. Big would come to me for advice about Kim. He was building an artist. As far as I was concerned, I never really had the chance because Big passed before we were able to capitalize or move forward with The Commission, which was our group. As far as [Kim’s] style is concerned, I don’t think you can make somebody an anything. He definitely asked me my advice like what do you think about Kim and how should I approach this and that. I always offered my input. At the end of the day, she still came out the way she came out.



AllHipHop.com: The VIBE article that recently came out talks about how Kim had a problem with this film; she didn’t like how she was portrayed. In the film, she’s a really sympathetic character because she’s getting thrown around the soundbooth by Big, and she’s crying like, “Why doesn’t he love me?” Another thing that she had a problem with was Naturi Naughton being too dark and how she wanted Christina Milian to portray her because she felt it was more accurate.



Charli Baltimore: Wanted Christina Milian to portray her as Lil’ Kim? I wasn’t aware they were the same complexion [laughs]. Again I didn’t see the movie but last I checked, well I don’t know what color she is right now, but she was brown-skinned. Maybe she’s light-skinned now. I don’t know. People change skin tones in this day and age. I can’t see Christina Milian portraying Lil Kim. That’s not…that seems really weird to me, but you know, to each his own.

To read more of this click on picture or headline...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on The Industry's Alternative Blog segment. For any advertising inquiries or more information on how you can be a part of "The Industry's Alternative Artist/Label roster hit me up at apex1da@gmail.com.

Peace and love and remember whenever you are looking for the true alternative of the regular commercial music industry standards... come to apex1da.com.