Friday, April 3, 2009

Weezy on the Cover of Rolling Stone


I understand if someone is a big fan of rock music, so they decide to do a rock album. But judging by Weezy's first single "Prom Queen" that's not really a rock joint, it's just a rock beat with that voice-coder in it. to some it might be considered a big disrespect to true Rock music. Don;t get me wrong... I'm a fan of weezy, but there is no secret to why his album is being shelved. 2 or 3 songs were leaked from his upcoming rock debut and they all sound like pure garbage. I guess he is trying to pull the same thing Kanye did with this album, but more of a rock tip.

The question is... will his album every drop??? I hope not.

In this issue, Lil Wayne explains why he did a rock album...

“The rock sh– just comes from what my life is now. I’ve grown into this person. I woke up one morning and had three or four women in my bed where I not only didn’t know their last names, I didn’t know the beginning letter of their first names. All I know is, they’re the most beautiful women in the world, and I was in my own place, in whatever city I as in. And I could have thrown a dart at the map, and I’d probably have a place there too. I knew my driver was waiting downstairs for me. When my nose finally cleared from all the weed I had smoked, I smelled food in the kitchen and I knew it was my chef. Then I look on my phone and see a message and know it’s from a popular woman everyone knows. And when I went in the studio that night, I couldn’t just rap, ‘Yeah, n—a … .’ ”

Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on The Industry's Alternative Blog segment. For any advertising inquiries or more information on how you can be a part of "The Industry's Alternative Artist/Label roster hit me up at apex1da@gmail.com.

Peace and love and remember whenever you are looking for the true alternative of the regular commercial music industry standards... come to apex1da.com.