Friday, April 3, 2009

Should You Stay In A Relationship Just Because You Have A Kid Together?



That is the question I ask myself every day. I shouldn't be putting my business out in the streets, but we are all family right??

After 5 years, of being in a upward and downward slope of a relationship with my baby's mother, we decided to call it quites and live in separate places. The problem is, my daughter is only 2 and honestly that is my heart. I was there from the birth, potty training, diaper changing, first steps, and in most cases I'm with her about 65 percent of the time. For a couple of years, I delayed the inevitable, and although I was not happy with the baby moms, my main focus was to stay under the same roof as my little girl. Since I was not happy at home, I decided to go out and find attention from other people, which only caused more tension at the household since my Babymoms was somewhat of a paranoid person :).

The reason why I'm sharing this with you, is because I learned that if you are not happy, then you are not happy and nothing is going to stop that but separation and time. When two people are together for a long period of time, the primary focus, and love is sometimes lost and the only way to possibly recapture that is time away from one another. I always dreaded the day that I would have to live in a different home from my daughter, and although I am going through a ruff time, I am starting to think there are a lot of things I could have changed, to make this transition a little less painful, but like they say... you live and you learn right???

For you men or women out there who feel trapped in a relationship because you have a kid with the person, and you are in a comfortable living situation financially... just know that your time will always be more valuable if you are happy inside and your mind is free. I'm living proof that it can be done.

Like Sam Cook said "Change Gon Come". Don;t be afraid of change, just be there for your child and handle your business, and the rest will come in your favor.

Peace and love...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on The Industry's Alternative Blog segment. For any advertising inquiries or more information on how you can be a part of "The Industry's Alternative Artist/Label roster hit me up at apex1da@gmail.com.

Peace and love and remember whenever you are looking for the true alternative of the regular commercial music industry standards... come to apex1da.com.